There are currently 3 ways to be eligible for Luxembourg Dual Citizenship through your ancestry.
Recognition of Luxembourg Dual Citizenship
(Article 7 – Paternal Lineage Only)
- You have ancestors who had their citizenship taken away under Nazi rule on political, racial or religious grounds in 1938.
- You have ancestors who were born on Germany territory before 1914, have held German passports in the past or were employed by the German government before 1949.
- You were born before 1975 as the legitimate child of a German citizen father.
- You were born after 1975 as the legitimate child of a German citizen father or mother.
- You were born after June 1993 as the illegitimate child of a German citizen father and paternity is proven before you turn 23.